I made much progress over the past week or so. Following is a sequential photo essay that captures the "big moments".
Two inch diameter dowel pieces attached to the top of each post with Timberlock screws.
Previously created frame deconstructed for parts. It would be really nice to have the hub joist hangers available as a custom part like this.
Assembled hubs placed over the 2" dowel pieces. Turns out that tightening the bolts that hold the joist hangers in place is a bit of a challenge with the dowel in the center of the tube segment. This can be solved by temporarily removing the dowel pieces, one at a time, after putting together the triangular frame.
First beam/joists hung between the post hubs. I'm using 3/4" plywood with a depth of 12".
First triangle completed. The beams are 12" deep at the posts, 8" at the eaves. I jury rigged a jig to help do the length and angle measurements. It worked but I'd build something better and easier for an actual production.
The three triangles of the prototype completed. When I ran out of plywood I started raiding my scrap wood pile.
Fascia details. This, for a change, was actually easy to do as measurements can be taken off the existing framework. The cuts to match the adjacent fascia boards would be a bit of a challenge.
A sample cross-brace to reduce the span for the covering plywood triangles. Worked well but took more time than I would like.
An experiment using 2x4 pieces to "float" the roofing triangles above the framing. This would be fairly easy to do and could be used to increase the roof thickness for a higher R value.
Finally, a device I created to "measure" the irregular triangular shapes of the the roofing framework so as to be able to cut matching triangles from plywood sheets. I was originally planning on filling in between the joists with hempcrete, but now believe that there is likely to be too much movement for this approach to be viable. It is possible to "box" in parts of the eave triangles by cutting a triangle that will rest on top of the hempcrete wall on the in side. This "box" could be filled with dense pack cellulose. It was in trying to figure out how to easily measure the shape of the bottom of this "box" that I came up with the idea for the triangle shape reproducer.
Again, lots accomplished. The prototype is essentially finished but serves as a great test bed for further experiments.