Yestermorrow Practicum Project - Post 16

Very hot today so I only worked for a few hours, but they were productive. I added the insulation between the 2x4s of the sill plate. Foam board for the straight runs and expanding poured foam around the posts. Then I built a couple of plywood boxes for the window openings. (Ohh, for a good table saw.)

I really don't know what the tricks are for doing things like this so I just work along slowly and try to learn as much as possible as I go. Tomorrow I should be able to start mixing and adding the hempcrete.

I'm starting to wonder what I'm going to do with this thing when I'm done. Probably keep it around for a while and then deconstruct it. It's all a learning exercise.

A few pictures of today's work.