The mache-covered wood shed has been drying out in the sun for the past few days. Yesterday I noticed some shrinkage on a couple of the sides. As the mache dried it pulled back from the edge an eighth to a quarter of an inch. This may actually be an opportunity as I've been wondering how to handle the edge condition. I used some Liquid Nails adhesive to bridge the space between the mache edge and the plywood edge. After I've painted the roof, and its had a chance to weather, it will be interesting to see how the adhesive edges hold up compared to the mache edges. In either case the solution is not ideal and I'm still looking for a better approach.
Here are a few images of the roof and the shrinkage.